Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I have been sadly lacking in posting in recent days, I know. I will remedy this soon, but for now I just have a short post. I've been ruminating a lot recently on how incredibly God has provided to get me up to NYC and to give me work and housing and everything I need up here. Here's just a short list off the top of my head of these mini-miracles:

-Matt asking me to be his assistant on the Drunkard
-Housing (couch surfing) getting worked out when mine had fallen through
-Rachel's roommate moving out and me getting to sublet her place for cheap out of the blue
-Finding my desk and chair on the side of the road
-Getting the Nance O'Neil design out of the blue
-Getting the TV set painting job out of the blue
-Getting to meet with WM alums and other friends for portfolio reviews and advice
-Finding a rocking chair outside my apartment for my room
-Getting to go to Redeemer small groups and services

God has been incredibly faithful; incredibly so. He has provided me with work, housing, food, everything I have needed. Now I'm looking at needing more work and more housing, but I can trust that God will continue to provide for me, even if it is in ways I don't expect. I'm tempted to worry about my future now, but I believe that I can trust God to be faithful and provide for me, because He always has in the past.

I've been working on my drafting handwriting a little most days, to improve it and keep it up. To do it, I've been copying out favorite Bible passages and favorite hymns. Some of the verses have been incredibly encouraging. Here's a sampling:

Be Still My Soul

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

It Is Well With My Soul

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

2 comments:

  1. Finally!!! Pretty cool post. You never told me about the rocking chair. I never knew you were into hymns. I am, but I never think of you as a hymns kind of person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an encouraging post! I hadn't heard about the rocking chair either! It truly is amazing how God has provided for you in such unexpected ways!

    ReplyDelete