HOT HOT HOT. (Bend It Like Beckham fans will appreciate that). But that point is it is stinking HOT in W'burg. Today it's getting up to 105. I repeat, 105. And the air conditioning upstairs stopped working last night so the Mills and I all woke up feeling quite balmy, to say the least. It will be another warm night tonight.
Yesterday evening I went on a 3-mile walk around the neighborhood; it was quite pleasant. I may walk again tonight.
I love tomatoes. Cherry and grape tomatoes are my fav. You can just pop them in your mouth and crunch. So delicious. We also have amazing peaches right now. Some of the best I've had all year. I want to make a peach pie sometime soon.
I worked on another job application today; this one is to the Birmingham Children's Theatre in AL. Putting it in the mail tomorrow. I'm not wild about the location, but the theatre itself seems really cool and beggars can't be choosers.
I appreciate that Matt is working hard to make sure I get the weekends off, but I am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I'm not used to all this time with nothing in particular to do. I'm using it to read and think and play piano and walk and watch movies, but I also really like being at work. Probably part of it is that most of my friends are there.
balmy sounds like a huge understatement. I can totally relate to it though--brings back some lovely memories of Spain utter misery at 2am with my room close to 90 F.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with you on the tomatoes too--really haven gotten into them over here. Laura and I bought some really nice cherry tomatoes that were nice and firm last week and snacked on them for like 2 days.
Found any other possibilities for jobs? What sort of thing are you looking for?
Funny what you say about not being used to time off. Learn to live again...really live.
that sounded a little cheesy, but there you have it. Your goal for the summer. :)
I love tomatoes too. We buy cherry tomatoes on the vine, and I eat them straight out of the fridge like grapes. Another favorite is to spread a plain, unsalted cracker (or baguette) with basil pesto and top with cherry tomatoes cut in half. Enjoy with a gin and tonic if you can manage it...
ReplyDeleteI might start blogging again too... You inspire me.