Today was a good day. I went in at 8:30 to organize research for Man for All Seasons in preparation for Matt's meeting with Palmer, the director. They've been having some trouble getting things nailed down and figured out, so most of my research yesterday was intended to give options that they could choose from for various things. I attended the meeting with Matt and it went very well; they made a lot of decisions and good progress on adjustments to the design. Afterwards I spent time going through the script tracking movements of things and putting together a research packet for the props people.
At lunch I made my daily pilgrimage to Dunkin' Donuts. Moody asked to come with, I took an order from Christy (along with her credit card... :-P), and at the last minute Matt got back from exercising and came along too. It was quite the coffee-addicts party. I drove and was complimented on the cleanliness of my car. :-D
After work Moody, Christy, and I had an Alexander session with Joan, which was great. And then we rushed off for the real event of the evening: a surprise birthday party. Our friend Rachel often tells the story of how her family forgot her 16th birthday; it's always made us feel very bad. Today just so happened to be her half-birthday (she's 21), and we have been planning for a while to throw a surprise Sweet 16 party for her, to make up for her traumatized teenage years. Christy bought a mint-chocolate-chip ice cream cake from ColdStone, and whisked Rachel away from the apartment to go grocery shopping. Meanwhile Moody and I ran over to the Dollar Store and bought decorations: butterfly-themed plates, napkins, hanging decorations, streamers, tablecloth, and birthday cards. You have to understand, Rachel is about the least girly girl I have ever met. So it was intended to be fun and hilarious at the same time. We decorated Moody's apartment (quite impressively if I do say so myself) and set the table and set out the cake. Then we lured Rachel over on false pretenses. She was completely surprised and very touched and happy; for a second we thought she was going to cry. There were 4 of us throwing the party: Christy, Moody, me, and our other friend Will. We sang Happy Birthday, gave her her cards, and all sat down and enjoyed the cake. It was a great party.
Afterwards Will had to leave and the rest of us played Munchkin again. I won, for the first time ever.
Glad the play is going well. I would just like to point out that Matt returned from exercising to go to get coffee with you guys. Allowing time for exercise in your theatre-filled life is a good habit you should continue to cultivate with his example. :)
ReplyDeleteNice of you all to do that party for your friend--sounds like fun (a joke and touching at the same time).
Just got back from Jersey Boys with Remus. We wished you could have been there -- you would love it. Whoever designed that show is AMAZING.
ReplyDelete