Thursday, July 1, 2010

I am officially green with envy because of the adventures of two young women I know who may or may not have just seen Jersey Boys. Extremely jealous.

I spent today organizing stuff for Matt, updating storyboards, researching a couple things, and starting to draft some of the Man for All Seasons furniture. I researched tapestries (we're having More's house have a tapestry of a martyred (preferably beheaded) saint on his wall) and Tudor-era heraldry. Sooooo many crests and shields and coats of arms; I distilled it all down to a document that the director can look over and select from. Moody and I hit Chipotle for lunch and of course Dunkin Donuts.

After work Matt called me into his office to talk about pre-tech-rehearsals stuff and give me a heads up about a couple meetings we need to go to tomorrow. Then he gave me some exciting news: he will likely be doing a show in August/September in NYC; a very small show, but still, a show. It will tech after the semester has started so he won't be able to be there. If I'm available, he's interested in having me assist him and be the onsite person there for techs. I'd absolutely love to do it; it would be exciting and probably a great experience. We'll see what happens, it's still in the very early planning stages. More to come on that as we get more info.

At 715 I went to the church for a worship team rehearsal. Chris has asked me to sing on Sunday when he leads worship. We're doing like 5-6 songs; all of which I already knew. They're very good and it'll be a lot of fun. It was great to get to sing again. After the rehearsal I accidentally let a frog into the church; it ran and hid in a closet and we couldn't find it. Hopefully it doesn't decide to come out during Margaret's wedding on Saturday....

4 comments:

  1. Your research sounds cool but also intense cuz it's very detailed.

    It'd be cool if you got to do that show in NYC--assuming you're not doing anything else by then. ;)

    A FROG??!!!! How did you let a frog into the church. That's like saying, "I accidentally let a witch into the church and she flew round and round on her broom cackling and then hid behind the alter." Okay, maybe not quite so odd as that, but still. How did it get into the closet? oh and ps. frogs don't run--they hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Remus said. How do you let a frog into a church?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was walking out the door and thought it was a leaf and realized it was a frog at the last minute and avoided stepping on it. It ran/hopped past me and into the building. I chased it and then it scooted under the door into the closet. By the time we got the lights on to look it was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a very large and furry bee come in the window today and pollinate all our indoor plants. It buzzed around the skylights for a few hours and then found its way out again. Bees are intelligent like that. Hopefully frogs are too. But not flies. Flies are so stupid they'll fly straight into the glass of an open window and never find there way out. How was the wedding?

    ReplyDelete