Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am still alive, I promise. I took an unintentional leave of absence these past several days due to extreme busyness. We teched and opened As You Like It, worked frantically on Man for All Seasons, I went home for the weekend to see the returned Remus, and have been handling MFAS stuff this past week while Matt has been in PA teching Spelling Bee.

Going home was great. It was awesome to see everybody again and I really enjoyed both Mommy's b-day party and Remus' welcome home party.

The second I got back to Williamsburg on Sunday evening things got a bit crazy. I saw a run of the show and spent the next several days drafting set pieces, working with the paint and props departments, and answering myriads of questions. We had several mini-crises, and I spent long periods of time on the phone with Matt every day. Overall everything went fairly well, but everyone is tense because we open the show a week from today and have a ton to do between now and then.

Sadly my running and general life suffered over the week. I've been going in early to work, working all day, coming back to the Mills for dinner, and then working until I go to bed.

Matt was able to get away from Spelling Bee a day earlier than planned, so he drove through the night last night and was in his office when I arrived at 9am. I am very happy that he's back. It was fun to have all the power while he was gone; but since I am not the scene designer I still had to defer a lot of questions to him, which made things slower since I couldn't in good conscience decide the question myself and would have to ask him and then wait for his response. But it was a good learning experience.

I have been getting tons of pimples recently. I, the former lily-white perfect-skinned child who never had pimples and got compliments on her skin in Starbucks, currently have about 8. And they aren't going away and I keep picking at them. Disgusting I know, but such is my life.

I watched Good Will Hunting last night. Such a good movie. Deep and thought provoking and wonderful. Great performances all round.

I officially finish my summer job one week from today. So crazy. It's gone so fast. Although at the same time it feels like forever. I'm going to really miss everybody, Matt, the Mills, and Williamsburg. I'm sure I'll be back, but this is the closing of the chapter of my college years. Now I just have to figure out what I'm doing next... I am looking forward to being home for a little bit, though, very much. And vacation will be wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Good seeing you too. Can I just say that you are a workaholic???

    Too bad about the pimples--prolly stress-related.

    Have fun finishing your summer job. It will be nice when you come back for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posted!!! This is a Good Thing. A Thing To Be Encouraged, in fact. It brightened my morning (which needed brightening, as it's unseasonably cold and rainy).

    ReplyDelete