Let me just say for starters that I love my espadrilles. I've worn them like 4 times this past week. They are so comfortable and quiet and they look really cool. I'm just concerned that I'm going to wear them out too fast.
I watched A Beautiful Mind last night, finally. It has been sitting on my shelf for literally a year on-loan from Remus, and I only finally got around to it. I really enjoyed it; very well made, very interesting.
The drafting for Man for All Seasons is finally complete as of today, thank goodness, especially since we open on Wednesday. I worked today and I'm working tomorrow both in the afternoon doing paint elevations with Matt and in the evening helping with Strike for As You Like It. Matt has been very good about offering me time off this weekend, but the Mills are in NC for the week and my friends are all working so I don't really have anything else to do outside of PBK. I mean I'm sure I could come up with something, but I feel bad knowing everyone else is working and I'm lazing around.
I bought a bottle of wine today at Trader Joes. I don't keep alcohol in the house when the Mills are here, but the second they leave I stock the bar. :-P A nice glass of red wine after work is the perfect way to relax (thank you John, Laura's old housemate, for the idea!). I also made sweet tea and banana bread tonight. It will be delicious.
I broke into my Spanish chocolate from Remus tonight to accompany my wine. I was stupid and let it melt in the car on the way back from home last weekend. It was once 2 bars of dark chocolate separated by a plastic/paper liner. It is now 1 bar of chocolate with a plastic/paper liner in the middle of it. :-P So I have to eat it carefully. But it is excellent; top quality.
I've started getting some responses to recent job applications, which is good. It looks like I may have another round of phone interviews sometime next week or the following one. That will be good, because I would like a job. :-)
I really need to get running/walking again. It's been like 2 weeks since I've gone. I've just been dealing with bouts of tiredness after work. And it's been really hot on the days that I have had a dim motivation. Clearly I need to read Born to Run again to get reinspired.
I may get to post again before Wednesday, but I rather doubt it. So I will see you all again after Man for All Seasons opens!
So this post is just a wonderful tribute to me and my wonderful generosity???? I approve. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm about halfway through Born to Run and I love it--probably one of the most inspiring books I've ever read. I'm hopefully going running today after work if it's not too hot. Maybe I'll update my blog too. :) I really need to get back to that.
Love,
Remus